Our Featured Recipes
Ready your chef's hat as we bring you easy-to-bake recipes of classic breads, cakes & pastries from different areas of the globe. Let these inspire you to improve your craft and take your baking expertise to the next level.
Have a recipe you want to share? Email us at email@example.com and we just might feature your amazing recipe on our website and Facebook page.
Hopia is made of thin flaky pastry usually filled with a munggo paste and ube.
600 g Bread flour
400 g Soft flour
6 g Salt
60 g Sugar
40 g Corn syrup
350 g Soya Oil
450 g Water
20 g Favorite Flavocol Ube
300 g Soft Flour
300 g Sonlie’s Superior Shortening
- Mix all the ingredients (except for the choux ingredients) to form a soft dough. Do not over knead. Rest for about 30 minutes.
- Then, mix the choux ingredients to form a smooth paste.
- Flatten the dough into square shape. Then, place the choux paste it in the middle of the flattened dough. Wrap and seal it.
- Using a rolling pin, make it into a rectangular shape and give a single fold. Rest it for 15 minutes.
- Roll it again into a thin rectangular shape and roll down to form a “baston”. Rest for another 20 minutes before cutting.
- Cut the dough into 20g and rest it again for 20 minutes.
- Flatten the dough. Place the filling in the middle. Cover the filling with the dough and make it into a ball shape.
- For grilled hopia: use a hopia griller, then grill it for 2-3 minutes for each side.
- For baked hopia: place the dough in Silpat non-stick baking mat then brush it with eggyolk. Bake it at 180 °C for 25 minutes.
MADE POSSIBLE WITH:
- Favorite Flavocol Ube – enjoy the combination of ube flavour and colouring in one package. Simple and economical combination of ube flavouring and colouring.
- Sonlie’s Superior Shortening – make your baked goods softer and lighter with superior shortening by Sonlie’s. Serve as a substitute for the fat you normally use in baking.
- Silpat Non-stick Baking Mats – the most recognized non-stick baking sheet in the industry. It is ideal for baking cookies, pastries, and meringue.